Edina Members: To see the schedule and edit your availability, Log in into Google (using whatever username and password you normally log into Google with) and then go to the Google Spreadsheet here
Changes for inline schedule are in progress. Please use link above.
7:40 – 7:50 Business Meeting (10 minutes)
Sergeant at Arms starts the meeting and invites Club’s
Club’s President welcomes club to read pledge of allegiance
and invites Invocation/Timer to say meeting invocation.
Club conducts Business Meeting (Presiding Officers Present)
(10-15 minutes, if needed)
- Reading of the minutes from last meeting
- Old business
- New business
- Club’s President welcomes Toastmaster
7:50 – 7:55 Toastmaster (5 minutes)
- Welcomes members and guests; explains his role
The Toastmaster introduces Key meeting participants and asks
them to explain their duties
- Court Jester
- One Minute Toastmaster
- Table Topic Master
7:55 – 8:15 Table Topics Master (10 – 20 minutes)
- Gives topic of the day and call on people to speak
- Turn meeting back over to Toastmaster
8:15 – 8:20 Break. Toastmaster announces break for 5 minutes
- General Evaluator pairs speakers and evaluators
8:20 – 8:50 Toastmaster starts ‘speaking’ part of the
meeting (30 minutes)
- Introduces Speaker 1 (5-7 minutes)
- Introduces Speaker 2 (5-7 minutes)
- Introduces Speaker 3 (5-7 minutes)
Welcomes General Evaluator to conduct evaluation part of the
8:50 – 8:55 General Evaluator conducts meeting
evaluation (15 minutes)
- Conducts voting for the Best Speaker
Calls for evaluations – one by one calls evaluators to
- Conducts voting for the Best Evaluator
Calls for reports:
Grammarian awards “Word Picture of the Day” award.
The award is for best visual expression during any speech given at the meeting.
Currently big pencil.
Calls Table Topic Master to award the Best Table
Topic Speech. Currently “Wise owl”.
Awards “The Best Visual Effect” award. The award
goes for the best visual presentation or picture.
Awards Best Evaluator award. Currently
- Awards Best Speaker award
- Overall meeting evaluation.
- Welcomes back Toastmaster
8:55 – 8:58 Toastmaster finalizes the meeting (3
Awards “Spark Plug”. The award goes to a
member who was the most igniting or energizing during the meeting.
Awards “Fuzzy Mouse” awards. “Fuzzy
Mouse” purpose is to be awarded for the best explanation of complex
technical topic or idea in the most elegant, simple and understandable way.
- Closing comments (2 minutes)
- Welcomes Presiding Officers
8:58 – 9:00 Presiding Officer last minute updates (Is
schedule complete for the next 2 meetings) (2-5 minutes)
- Invocation/Timer – closing thought of the meeting.
Each week, meeting roles rotate so that, over time, every chapter member gains
experience in each of these roles.